WP Soul Free WordPress Theme by TechieSouls
WP Soul is a free 2 column WordPress Theme looks simple and elegant from the front end and offering vast Admin options at the back end. With wide variety of tune able Theme options in the admin menu you don’t need to edit .php files manually to do basic theme adjustments.
WP Soul designed and coded for content healthy blogs to give content more exposure and load as fast as possible. WP Soul is a full fledge theme which won’t require any external modding to make your blog ready to go. As soon as you install and activate the theme you’ll be able to adjust sidebar ads, RSS subscriptions button and form options, Author info, Twitter button integration, Header Logo image (if you don’t want to use text) and Social media icons on blog posts. You can set all these options right inside your Admin panel.
Full Feature List:
- Simple & Elegant look
- Fast loading structure
- xHTML and CSS Valid
- Supports comments threading and paging
- Fully WP 2.7.1 support
- Premium Quality
- Styled Blockquote
- Styked Sticky post
- Fixed Width
- 2 Columns
- Right Sidebar
- Many theme options
- Free of cost
What can I adjust from Admin Theme Options??
- Header logo image: If you want to use image in your header image just enter image URL.
- Sidebar 125 x 125 ads: You can tune sidebar ads from inside your theme options just enter banner URLs and enter link for them.
- RSS form and button settings : You can enable sidebar RSS buttons and if you are using feedburner to manage feeds for your blog then you can put your feedburner feed address and name to use feedburner links instead of default wordpress feed address.
- Twitter button settings: You can enable Twitter button to show in your blog sidebar. To link twitter button to your profile just enter your Twitter Name.
- Author info box: You can enter information about yourself in author info and enable it to show in sidebar.
- Social icons box: Its upto you if you want to enable Social bookmarking icons in your blog posts you can even set your own text to show above icons.
Screenshot of WP Soul Admin Options screen. (click on thumbnail for full view)
- Extract the wpsoul.zip file in a convenient location
- Copy the ‘wpsoul’ folder to ‘/wp-content/themes/’ directory in your web server.
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Dashboard
- Select the ‘Themes’ sub-menu from ‘Appearance’ menu
- Select the WP Soul theme from the available list of themes to preview
Activate the theme.
Where are Admin Theme Options??
- Sign in to your Admin Dashboard.
- Under Appearance tab click on ‘WP Soul Theme Options’ menu.
The easiest way to install this theme is to get it from the WordPress themes directory, this way you can upgrade to the latest version easily using the in-built theme auto-upgrade tool. http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/wp-soul