How to: Block Flash Ads in Google Chrome
Flash ads are annoying and I am sure many of the pro web users never need them around. They are make browsing slow, sluggish and ruin user experience if they are designed to make sound while mouse hover or some of them even automatically play videos and audio. Currently there is no option in chrome which let you disable flash or block flash ads the reason is the missing feature of plugin support in chrome or by default ad block integration.
You can not directly block flash ads in chrome for that you have to install third party http proxy which is safe to use and you will not risk your private information like online proxies available with full of malware scripts.
This piece of proxy software is called Privoxy which is not just another web proxy. Unlike other proxy services Privoxy also block ads and help you identify websites which are not safe to browse.
following are Privoxy features according to official website.
Privoxy is a non-caching web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for enhancing privacy, modifying web page data and HTTP headers, controlling access, and removing ads and other obnoxious Internet junk. Privoxy has a flexible configuration and can be customized to suit individual needs and tastes. It has application for both stand-alone systems and multi-user networks.
Now back to block flash ads in chrome. Just follow these simple steps.
1. Download and Install Privoxy.
2. Click on the button available in upper right corner of Chrome window with wrench icon on it.
3. Go to options > Under The Hood > under Network settings click Change proxy settings button.
4. In Internet Properties window choose “LAN settings”
5. Check proxy server LAN settings and in the address setting address: 127.0.0.1 and port: 8118 and check “Bypass proxy for local settings” option below.
7. Click “Ok” and then “Apply”.
8. Restart Google Chrome.
Now you should not be seeing Flash ads while surfing the web with Google Chrome.