How to: Unlock / Jailbreak iPhone 2.2 Firmware
A couple of days ago new firmware for iphone version 2.2 was released and bring a couple of changes a couple of bug fixes (still there are too many bugs so dont get surprised) some more eye candy, some new icons and 2 new features Google Street View and Podcasts.
One of my friend was able to unlock/jailbreak this new version of firmware and successfully got it working on his iphone 2G so I’ll today enlighten you with the method he described on his blog.
So here we go
1. Download this Pwned / Jailbreaked iphone 2.2 firmware from following links
2. Extract first part with 7zip, winrar or any compression software and you get a single file named iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Custom_Restore.ipsw (245mb)
3. Connect iphone to your PC and open iTunes 8 (cancel if it ask you to update your firmware to new version)
4. Back all your iPhone data like contacts, music, video and other media.
5. Hold shift and click Restore and locate the Pwned iPhone 2.2 Firmware.
6. Now wait for the process to be done.
7. Enjoy using pwned / jailbreaked iPhone 2G with firmware 2.2
This method works on PC and MAC both without any extra tools such as WuickPwn and Pwnage tool and works flawlessly without any problem. So happy jailbreaking new firmware iPhone 2.2
Thanks Saad for letting me know this easiest method.