BurnAware An Unlimate Free CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Burner
I was looking for a simple free burner which can do the burning job very well and doesn’t come with extra crap with the setup file so far I found 3 from which I choose BurnAware the best from them and I am sure this is the best free CD, DVD and Blue Ray discs writer.
BurnAware comes with a couple of writing options which are more than enough for daily CD DVD burning jobs I used to burn disc media with Nero but openly speaking now Nero comes with extra foo that’s really not necessary for regular usage so it is heavy on memory, disc and setup file weights ton, this was the primary reason I started a search for free light weight burner.
Under DVD/CD writing options you can make Data CD, Audio CD, Jukebox CD, Burn Image file, Make Image file, Erase CD and see information about disc. Add another option Video DVD under DVD options that’s all and I personally think these options are more than enough for daily burning jobs and I am happy with them.
Key Features from BurnAware website:
- Create data and multisession CD/DVD/Blu-ray Discs
- Create Audio CDs and jukebox CD/DVD/Blu-ray Discs
- Create DVDs-Video
- Create and burn disc images
- Supports all current hardware interfaces (IDE/SCSI/USB/1394/SATA)
- Supports UDF/ISO9660/Joliet Bridged file systems (any combination)
- On-the-fly writing for all image types (no staging to hard drive first)
- Auto-verification of written files
- Supports CD-Text
- Clean, multilingual, easy to use interface
- Supports unicode for multi-byte languages
- Supports Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista (32 and 64 Bit), no drivers required
- 100% Free for home use. No spyware, malware, banners etc.
As for Blue Ray options see the following screenshot. (click image for full size)