Many Reasons Why Plurk is Better Than Twitter
Micro blogging is really getting famous day by day, in the old times people were use to make their daily journals on diaries and keep them personals but the story is somehow changed by the day blogging started, now we share what we do now we share what we think and now we share when our mood swings and its becoming natural. Twitter and Plurk both are micro blogging tools, Twitter came a long while ago and plurk is a couple of months old platform i’ll be distinguishing today how plurk is better than twitter in many ways by describing current features of plurk that twitter does’t offer.
1. Plurk looks a lot better and the user experience is what they think is all matters, its easy to use you have time line you can scroll with your mouse and view all plurks, because of a proper time line its easy to access the appropriate plurk if you remember time. it shows you unread plurks which you may want to reply.
2. Unlike twitter there is Karma system in Plurk which keeps you busy for a while taking it up, a man always wants to go up and raising karma is’t that hard either my karma is currently 29 and its only week I started proper plurking.
3. You can edit the whole layout of your profile by pre built themes available and even more choice timeline, profile, dashboard all three different of your choice and as a web developer the best of all you can even more edit it by using css is’t this just amazing?
4. Micro blogging is for sure taking daily journals to the next level and what I am saying is what I think really is Plurk is taking Micro blogging to the next level total wicked platform which is just so suitable for everyday usage.
5. Plurk offers widget to embed on your blog or website which shows all your plurk activities (only your own plurks) in your blog sidebar just like I am using at the moment it looks good shows your avatar and further more you can also edit its colors as you want them to be.
6. Smileys have very minimal importance but we people like us need them in this world, twitter don’t offers using smileys but plurk do. The quantity of simleys increases when you karma goes up and new simleys comes up.
7. A lot of Plurk themes and mods are available in various websites so you can customize it how you like it, with mods you can edit further layout like text box width custom font colours etc etc
8. In plurk the messeges are really organised you plurk something it goes up in your time line and becomes a strip anyone in your friend circle can reply to that plurk in that strip so everything remains managed and easy to track able so you never miss a friend’s voice.
9. In plurk by the time your Karma increases the doors of Plurk heavens opens upon you I tell you how. when your karma crosses 40 points limit you can change your Plurk Creature its an icon which represent your profile page to others just like logo. So after 40 points 5 creatures to choose from and after 60 point 6 coloured creatures.
10. Unlike twitter, Plurk never goes down I am using plurk from a month or so and never faced a downtime or error what so ever. Apart from downtime ever since I registered with twitter I was never able to import my contacts with twitter the page always welcomed me with some sort of error and don’t tell me even 1 error counts in million people community.
11. You can embed Images and Videos in your Plurks, this way you gain more karma when your friends comment on it, and it makes micro blogging more interactive.
12. People say there is no API from plurk and plurk have no bright future but sometimes releasing API takes time, however lwh.ryan other than Plurk Team released an API for plurk and with the help of it iPhone and other mobile apps are launching really very soon visit Rynlim Plurk for iPhone project page to see fantastic screenshots of upcoming app, and i am also using gtalk to make Plurks with help of Ping.fm it means desktop client is also available. So Twitter lead over Plurk for API is also gone
Follow me and be my friend on plurk, visit my Plurk Profile
note: This is matter of choice some people prefer simplicity but less options or some people prefers more enjoyable platform so even if you like twitter go on with it no offence i like it i promote it.