Turn Off Annoying Autorun feature in XP
When ever i fresh install Windows XP first of all i remove this Annoying feature of windows XP called autorplay, it pops up everytime you insert a CD or DVD or other media as well first it search the whole disk you insert for a program to run with then it pops up a little window saying how to open a disk and gives you a couple of options. which is not really necessary we can simple browse CD or DVD on our own.
This is when its most annoying searching all the media (it shows autoplay but the actual name of this feature is Autorun (according to registry):
Instructions how to disable it:
- First of all Press your Start button then click on Run…
- Write REGEDIT in the text field.
- Registry Editor will open then in the left pane find these one by one you’ll reach the desired directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SYSTEM> CurrentControlSet> Services> Cdrom>
- In right pane look for AutoRun its a DWORD value, double click and write “1″ without quotes in Value Data: text field.
- You are done, simply restart.
Reference Images for help: